Wave recrute 01 Directeur des Ressources humaines WAEMU
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments.
In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast.
Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent and that’s where you come in…..
How you’ll help us achieve it
We are looking for an HR Director with proven expertise in labor law, HR policy definition, and implementation within the WAEMU region.
You will provide exceptional leadership and guidance in delivering Wave’s People strategy across our operating countries (Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina-Faso, The Gambia, and newer countries).
You will act as the primary legal point of contact, working closely with and providing practical and expert labor relations and employment legal advice to our People Operations team as they support our employees.
In this role, you’ll
Provide overall HR support and guidance:
- Establish, implement, and communicate HR strategies that effectively support the team’s vision and mission
- Coordinate HR operations in all countries, including employee contracts, payroll, performance review management, and off-boarding.
- Update HR policies for all countries in collaboration with in-country HR to ensure that teams are trained, and managers implement policies.
- Ensure that all HR activities comply with legal requirements
- Use reliable HR metrics to support HR practices and launch new initiatives.
- Collaborate with the legal team to roll out and implement applicable HR-Legal/regulations and compliance programs
- Own HR auditing and employee investigation to identify and address compliance gaps that require follow-up.
- Provide expert guidance to the people operations team on employment matters, including- hiring, disciplinary issues, terminations, and benefits.
- Collaborate with people leads in developing labor and employee relations strategies such as safety & security, crisis management, and other key policies that comply with legal systems in Wave’s subsidiaries.
- Stay up to date on all employee-related legislative and regulatory changes and/or developments in the WAEMU region and ensure that changes are thorough and compliant
- Carry out employee relations investigations as necessary
- Responsible for the maintenance of OSHA and company-mandated reports on all accidents, injuries, and illnesses
- Location is based primarily in Dakar, with 30% traveling across the West African sub-region
- Work authorization in Senegal is required
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized child care when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now – we subsidize gym memberships and fitness classes
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- A degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or equivalent
- 10+ years of solid HR experience in international environments with a focus on HR-legal or HR-Audit/Compliance roles
- French and English proficiency
- Experience managing an HR team through expansion
- Demonstrated background in talent and leadership management and a proven ability to attract and retain outstanding talent and motivate high-performing teams
- Experience in building / rolling out HR policies for diverse countries in conformity with legal requirements
- Hands-on operational experience in managing labor relations issues
- Knowledge of HR Business Partnering in Africa
- Ability to work with a variety of organizational leaders to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills in dealing with sensitive employee issues and managing cultural differences.
You might be a good fit if you
- Obsess over the details
- Close feedback loops to ensure the accuracy of important information such as payroll
- You are comfortable with data sets, databases, and reporting performance indicators
- Are an effective collaborator and have solid stakeholder engagement skills
- Are a process thinker and doer used to designing standard operating procedures and can improve the timeliness of our HR administrative work.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Are a people-person! You love supporting and coaching senior leadership HR team members and understand that people are our greatest asset.
- Have a ‘can-do attitude, are energetic and pragmatic
- Are open, honest, and have high integrity
- Have solid analytical capabilities
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator and Partech Africa.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Optional: Please feel free to add a cover letter or note if there is anything additional that you would like to share about your interest in Wave/the role or your experience. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : www.wave.com.