World Vision hiring Regional Senior Auditor (RSA).
To provide technical supervision, support and coordination of the Region’s Internal Auditors, as well as performing managerial duties in the absence of, or as delegated by the Regional Audit Managers (RAMs).
In addition, to provide an independent objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. This will be done by using a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes of the Organization.
Lead audit assignments from time to time as assigned by the RAM (planning to completion) in the Annual Audit Plan, support larger and complex engagements, potentially one or more assignments simultaneously. In particular:
- Actively engage with senior management staff within the region NOs in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit.
- Perform risk-based integrated audits (RBIAs) in accordance with stipulated auditing standards (IIA, WV GIA) as will be planned at the start of each FY and assigned by the RAM.
- Represent the RAM in quarterly Senior Leadership and Board/Advisory Council Audit Committee Meetings, as may be delegated by the RAM as and when required.
- Review follow up evidence of implementation of audit findings as per auditee “audit implementation plan’’ to ensure audit matters arising are fully resolved.
- Ensure WV GIA quality standards are maintained, which includes but is not limited to:
- Providing on-the-job technical support during planning and field work with the team members, including on-site reviews as assigned at planning phase.
- Ensure all review notes are responded to by team members and compile quality draft audit findings/draft audit reports for RAM review by end of fieldwork phase.
- Maintain Continuing Education (CPE) by attending online courses or professional seminars and trainings. The incumbent should maintain a minimum of 40 units per year.
- Provide regular capacity building to Management Teams within NO Portfolios assigned, regarding RBIA and enterprise risk management during field work, and at designated training forums planned by Management.
- Participate as an advisor of the NO Integrity and Protection Hotline (IPH) and Enterprise Risk Management committees in assigned country portfolio, as may be assigned by the RAM from time to time.
- Support and implement the Global Internal Audit (GIA) initiatives deemed to increase the internal audit team effectiveness and efficiency.
- Bachelor degree in Audit, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional audit certifications (ACCA/CPA/CIA/CISA/CFE) finalized or in advanced stage of certification process.
- Must be able to effectively work with new and changing situations including new regulations; where there may not always be a readily apparent solution.
- Excellent presentation, analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices as always considered.
- Perform all assigned audit duties in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Must have prior working experience in audit (Public or private) of not less than four years in a recognized organization, two of which should be at a senior supervisory level. Experience in accredited audit firms and/or in a Non-Governmental organization will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in Risk Based Auditing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and establish credibility with business partners.
- Cross cultural and multi faith experience.
- Exposure to various accounting systems.
- University degree in Commerce, Accounting/Business Management/Finance.
- Be a qualified CPA or ACCA with an up-to-date membership status.
- CIA certification – finalized or in progress.
- Good command of the English Language, written and communication skills in particular. Knowledge of French/Spanish would be an added advantage.
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Computer skills (office application, accounting systems is a plus).
- Working knowledge in Audit software packages.
- Must be honest and hardworking, with proven experience in dealing with management at a senior level and be disciplined leader. Experience in a multicultural setting is highly desirable.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate in devotions and Chapel services.
- A working knowledge of WVI business and systems, including computerized accounting systems such as Sun System.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40 % of the time. This travel includes fragile context operational areas within the Region.
- This role involves working in a virtual /geographically dispersed / multi-culturally team.
Application deadline: 31-Dec-20